Again I am so honored that a fellow quilter thinks enough of my humble little blog to choose me for an award. This time Kathy bestowed upon me The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, thank you so much Kathy. It tickles me to no end that you chose me (and a few well deserving others) for this recognition.
As a recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award, there are 3 rules I need to follow...
1. Thank the person who awarded you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that your readers may not know.
3. Award five other bloggers with this award.
Again Kathy, thank you! Mere words aren't enough to express my sincere gratitude.
Hmmm. 7 things to share that you don't know about me?
1. I'm a middle child of 5. And I'm a Libra. So I'm aways working to balance out all aspects of my life and family.
2. Also being a Libra, at times I have trouble deciding between 2 options. That means I'm typically considering the options and ideas of others before choosing which way I will go.
3. Totally opposite to Kathy, I don't watch any reality TV, other than Deadliest Catch of course! (The new season starts Tuesday. Hurray!)
4. I finally became a mom for the 1st time at the age of 42. I was 45 when my 2nd child came home. I'll be attempting to retire by the time they start college, but they do keep me active. Thank goodness I don't look my age.
5. During the wait for our Vietnam and then China adoptions to happen, I "met" a ton of other adoptive and waiting parents that have become great friends. Sharing our triumphs and struggles means a lot to me. There is nothing like having the support of others going through similar things with their kids.
6. The wait also led me to the person who is my very Best Friend Forever and I will forever be grateful for that. We are true Laotong, "Old Same" (from Snowflower and the Secret Fan). Our greatest wish was that our daughters were in the same orphanage, waiting for us to come and bring them home. And they were. So not only are my BFF and I forever entwined in each other's lives, but our daughters share their beginnings too. They will always be sisters.
7. I'm very sentimental. I'm a true sap and I cry easily. Whether it be over a movie, something sweet someone has given me or done for me or something adoption related, tears flow like water for me.
For the final requirement I need to nominate five other bloggers for the award. Like others I follow a lot of blogs. Tough to narrow it down to just 5 but my nominees are :
*Madame Samm at Sew I Quilt Now - a real inspiration to all in the quilting community and someone I am honored to call a friend.
*Sharon at Vrooms Quilts - a "local" who I have yet to meet in person (hopefully at our NY shop hop in May) and who just blows me away with all that she accomplishes.
*Gmama Jane at Grandmama's Stories - a true kind and gentle soul who shares so much.
*Deonn at Quiltscapes - fun, fresh and fantastic.
*Judi at Green Fairy Quilts - her quilting blows me away, and she has a great shop too.
Please go and visit all of these fantastic blogs and share the Versatile Blogger congratulate them too. They SEW deserve it!