Thursday, June 13, 2013

Guiding Creative Thinkers - 2013 Teacher Quilt Project finish #4

This is the 4th and final teacher quilt for this school year. This one is for Jammer's assistant teacher who will actually be teaching Art next year to all the school's students. The name I came up with is:

Guiding Creative Thinkers
Again I used a very simple tutorial from Moda bakeshop called Jungle Path and I love the way it turned out. This is another pattern that I will definitely be keeping in my file for those quick gift idea needs.
I used one Charm Pack and one Jelly Roll of Moda's Grand Finale line along with one coordinating solid, in this case a light Yellow.
The Plum and Turquoise prints in this line are an unexpected addition to the other prints and colors but they add a great fun element to the quilt. Swirls of course was my choice for the quilting pattern.
This quilt is actually double sides since the 2nd half of the jelly roll strips are pieced together for he backing.
Pieces of leftover jelly roll strips were even used for the pieced binding. You can see how the quilting softened up the straight vertical lines of the backing. Finished size 43" x 53".
It will be hard to give this quilt away too but I know that the teacher who will receive it will love and appreciate it for many years to come.
Since this teacher is another one who is new to the profession, in fact she's still working on finishing her Masters Degree, I'm betting that she won't expect a gift such as this but I can't think of a better way to start her off on her career....finding out just how much the parents treasure the work she does with our kids and the love that she puts into teaching.

5 of you added your own colorful comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is a great design and you did a great job on it. What a grateful parent you are for those teachers.

beaquilter said...

uhhh love this one too! great job! aren't you relieved they are DONE!! now you can work on YOUR stuff and QUILTING. hint hint...... I'm good at cracking the whip on you, aren't I?? he he
you did great on all these....

Lesley said...

Another Wow! quilt. Really love this one...the fabrics are perfect for the pattern. Well done!

Rachel said...

Perfect choices! Love the flow on this one!

Rachell said...

I will need to look up this pattern--it's great! so you didn't actually use a whole jelly roll for the top? About how many strips did you use for the top?
anyway, I'm in love and I bet the new teacher is too! she looks amazed!