Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stunning Stitchin Sunday

Another Sunday morning dawns and I start this day with a heavy heart.The news of young Joey's passing hit me like a ton of bricks and brought back all of the memories from 10 years ago when my nephew Danny was killed in a car accident right before Christmas.  The holiday season has never again been the same for my family and unfortunately it will be the same now for Joey's family.
So today I hug my kids a little tighter and am thankful that they are healthy. I'm going to also remember to cherish the little things in life like my quilty friends who share their creations with all of us each and every day.
1. Quilts of Love, 2. Quilting is more fun than Housework, 3. Addicted to Quilts, 4. Sew Kind of Wonderful, 5. Quilting is My Bliss, 6. Tamarack Shack, 7. Treadlemusic, 8. Elven Garden Quilts, 9. Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works, 10. Marcia's Crafty Sewing & Quilting, 11. Green Fairy Quilts, 12. mmm quilts, 13. Quilting by Dawn, 14. Sue Dario's Quilting Adventure, 15. Geta's Quilting Studio, 16. Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works

I've heard from Kris that Joey's mom Kathy is starting a non-profit organization to be called Joey's Wings to fund research on the specific cancer that he fought so hard to beat.  When I know more I'll definitely share.  I'm glad to know that his parents have found the strength through this very difficult time to find a way to help others so that they might not have to go through what they have.

2 of you added your own colorful comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken for Joey's family. We have prayed and followed his/their painful journey since your first call for quilt blocks. So young and so sweet. Continuing in prayer for all.................

Needled Mom said...

I am so sorry to read the news. It is never easy, but it is compounded when it happens over the holidays. I will keep his family in my prayers.